The PA or APRN under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic urologic conditions also including urologic oncology within the hospital setting
• Procedures to include catheter replacement/removal, injections, ultrasounds, prostate biopsies • Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Strong communication skills
The first hospital in Florida to earn advanced certification for total hip and knee replacement, and home to the only accredited geriatric emergency department in the area, AdventHealth Zephyrhills provides leading-edge care to Tampa's northeastern suburbs. With 149 patient rooms and additional specialty services - including award-winning heart care, the Simpson Breast Health Center, a full-service wellness center, comprehensive women's services and advanced surgical care - our staff and providers connect patients to the support they need to live well in body, mind and spirit.
About Tampa Bay
Tampa Bay is the heart of Florida's Gulf coast. Our community is culturally diverse and a wonderful place to raise a family. The area is home to excellent public and private schools and is also the setting for several colleges and Universities, including the University of South Florida and University of Tampa. Tampa Bay features multiple theaters, museums, and festivals, as well as many family-friendly attractions like Busch Gardens Tampa Bay, The Florida Aquarium, ZooTampa and Bok Tower Gardens. We are well known for our excellent restaurants with a wide range of cuisine as rich as our history. The city has a vibrant sports community with national teams like the NHL's Tampa Bay Lightning, MLB's Tampa Bay Rays, and NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We offer year-round pleasant weather for outdoor fun at our many state parks and are home to some of the nation's top beaches.
- Tampa Bay Parks and Recreation
- Tampa Bay Chamber
- Hillsborough County
- Pasco County
- Pinellas County
- Hernando County