AdventHealth Medical Group is seeking to employ an Associate Chief Medical Officer to join our executive team at AdventHealth Lake Wales in Lake Wales, Florida. This position is a .4 FTE.
The Associate CMO is responsible for assisting the Heart of Florida and Lake Wales CMO in improving clinical outcomes for internally tracked performance improvement data and publicly reported outcomes at AdventHealth Lake Wales. The Associate CMO assists the CMO in performance improvement, risk management, continuing medical education, medical staff office, medical school affiliation(s) and residency programs. The Associate CMO serves as physician advisor to the Case Management staff and serves as physician liaison to promote appropriate utilization of resources by the medical staff. Performance improvement efforts will result in improved service for patients, medical staff members and lower cost.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Five years professional, post-residency experience in direct patient care
- One-three years in an executive leadership role within a small to medium integrated health system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Master’s Degree in Health or Business Administration
- Five (5) years in a medical staff leadership role within a medium to large integrated health system
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state where facility located
- Certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in respective specialty.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads in the continuing adoption of evidence-based medicine by the medical staff and the protocols that come with evidence-based model approach.
- Provides counsel and physician perspective at senior leadership discussions and action plans related to business growth, service expansions/changes, improvements, new service offerings inclusive of all operational and strategy decisions.
- Serves as a clinical leader to the hospital’s medical staff providing guidance in case management, appropriate levels of care for patients, efficient utilization of resources, and enforcing compliance with laws and organizational policies.
- Utilizes performance improvement measurements to continually implement practice/protocols that enhance clinical quality standards and to establish the hospital’s standing at the top of publicly reported measures.
- Works with the medical staff and applicable departments or leaders to provide cost effective solutions for various medical equipment without compromising patient safety.
- Works with medical staff to obtain appropriate documentation and assist case management with clinical interpretation necessary to ensure appropriate payment for services rendered are received and third-party payer denials are minimized.
- Facilitates, coordinates, and oversees the expansion of the hospital into long-term, profitable and clinically beneficial relationships with medical schools while developing and overseeing applicable residency program(s).
- Continually enhances medical knowledge through a regular program of reading, research, seminar attendance, and active membership in professional associations.
- Actively leads in physician recruitment and retention strategies and activities.
- Completes annual quantifiable review of the service provided by each executive contract in place with the hospital for the board quality committee.
- Oversee the medical staff office function insomuch that data necessary for the medical staff and board are prepared to make decisions relative to privileges and credentials.
AdventHealth Lake Wales is tucked away in the picturesque town of Lake Wales, residents and those from neighboring communities, have found compassionate, quality care from their hometown hospital since its opening in 1928. AdventHealth Lake Wales is a 160-bed, acute care facility serving Polk County and surrounding communities. Our team members and patients need only to look out of the windows to be inspired by views filled with rich history. Adjacent to campus sits the historic Lake Wales Arts Center, and just across the town lake, high on the hill, sits beautiful Bok Tower Gardens. AdventHealth Lake Wales is home to robotic-assisted surgeries, TeleICU, and an adult behavioral health unit. Patients and families can also access 24-hour emergency care, along with outpatient services like imaging, rehabilitation services, lab and wound care and more. From expert emergency and surgical services to leading specialists in cardiology, pulmonology, urology and gastroenterology, we offer the quality care you need close to home.
Central Florida’s Polk County is conveniently located between Orlando and Tampa, and an easy drive to Central Florida attractions and the Gulf and Atlantic beaches. Polk County offers something for everyone, including Florida’s newest attractions, LEGOLAND Florida Resort and Safari Wilderness; and some of Florida’s most historic; including Bok Tower Gardens, Westgate River Ranch Resort (the Southeast’s largest dude ranch), and Frank Lloyd Wright’s 13 structures at Florida Southern College. With 554 fresh water lakes, the area offers great fishing, adventurous airboat eco tours and exciting water sports. Wonderful parks, preserves and trails captivate visitors with Polk County’s natural beauty.
There is a wealth of things to do in the Lake Wales area. Enjoy the solitude of walking or biking around beautiful Lake Wales or swimming and working out one of the area's many health clubs. Contemplate the mystery of Spook Hill. Take in a rodeo on Saturday evening at Westgate River Ranch. Enjoy a play at the Lake Wales Little Theater, a concert or art show at the Lake Wales Arts Center. Tour the shops and historic architecture in downtown Lake Wales. Enjoy the area's many unique dining experiences. Fishing, boating, airboat rides, water-skiing, sailing, canoeing, kayaking, sky-diving, golfing and tennis also may be enjoyed year-round.
Visitors can choose from a variety of accommodations that include bed and breakfast establishments, hotels, motels, cabins, mobile home rentals, apartments or rental homes. If camping is your preference, there are campgrounds and camping facilities for both RVs and tents in the area. Bok Tower Gardens and nearby Kissimmee State Park, the Ridge Audubon Center & Nature Trail, and Tiger Creek Nature Preserve, offer unparalleled views into Central Florida’s unique ecosystem and history. The Ridge area is home to flora and fauna that are found nowhere else in the world. Whether you are seeking life’s simple pleasures, the thrills and challenges of adventure sports or just plenty of Florida sunshine, visiting Lake Wales –"Real Florida" at its best - will be a memorable and enjoyable experience.