Faculty for Family Medicine Residency Program
A great new opportunity is available in a new ACGME accredited Family Medicine Residency program.
Seeking an enthusiastic Behavioralist Family Medicine faculty to assist a 24 Resident Program (8-8-8), community-based program in Sebring, Florida.
- To provide mentoring, teaching and supervision of the faculty, residents and students in the Family Medicine Program.
- Serve as an advisor and role model
- Assists the program director in mentoring and providing critical evaluations of the clinical and teaching effectiveness of the family medicine residents and program.
- Ensures adequate physician, resident and other provider supervision of the outpatient teaching services.
- Serves as a preceptor for residents who see patients in the FMP.
- Serves as a role model by seeing patients within the FMP.
- Practice and teach full-spectrum behavioral health medicine
- Provide clinical supervision of medical students and residents in an outpatient setting
- Teach didactics and assist in leading curriculum development
- Interviewing and recruiting faculty for the clinic, maintaining adequate physician staffing at the clinical site, performing yearly reviews of faculty goals & accomplishments, providing direct clinical care to patients, teaching of Family Medicine medical students and residency training in the clinic location, and conducting research.
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education:
- Our family medicine program is part of the AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education network, with residency and fellowship programs nationwide.
- Building a network of innovative, patient-centered GME communities with solid, evidence-based training, and whole-person care
- M.D. or D.O. degree for psychiatrics or PMHNP for nurse practitioner or PHD or PsyD for Psychologist
- Board Certified in Psychiatry, PMHNP or Psychology
- Unrestricted Florida licensure or ability to obtain
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in your field, with two years as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited family medicine residency program.
- DEA with full prescriptive authority when appropriate
- Commitment to providing high quality, evidenced based patient care
- Commitment to teach medical students and train the Family Medicine physicians of tomorrow
- Demonstrated administrative and scholarly activity
- Passion for teaching
AdventHealth Medical Group Heartland Division is a primary care and specialty physician group that uses leading technology, innovation, and compassion to deliver whole-person care. This practice is part of AdventHealth Medical Group (AHMG).
AHMG, a sister organization of AdventHealth, employs over 700 physicians in 60+ specialties across Tampa Bay, Ocala, and Heartland areas. This aligned model and practice management experience provides the opportunity for the physicians to focus on the clinical aspects of medicine.
Our opportunities provide:
- Salary guarantee with productivity incentives
- Occurrence-based malpractice coverage
- Paid leave days
- CME days and allowance
- 403b retirement plan
- Health insurance for physician and family
- Relocation allowance
With a 70-year legacy of serving the Heartland community, patients count on our 171-bed, award-winning hospital for advanced treatments and specialty services that cannot be found elsewhere in the area. AdventHealth Sebring is home to the only birthing center in Highlands County that's certified "Baby Friendly" by the WHO, CDC and UNICEF; the only facility in the county to offer a comprehensive Heart & Vascular Center featuring electrophysiology and surpassing national standards for "door to balloon" times; the only Primary Stroke Center; the only Robotic Center of Excellence providing patients with quicker recoveries and shorter hospital stays; and the only hospital utilizing virtual care technology like Specialist on Call, Virtual Nurse and Stratus Language Translator for improved patient care and safety.
The Florida Heartland region, home to Lake Placid, Sebring, and Wauchula, is located to the north and west of Lake Okeechobee. The area is home to more than 100 of freshwater lakes, award-winning golf courses, many state parks, the world-renowned Sebring International Raceway. With rolling green hills, citrus groves, pleasant weather year-round, and a friendly, small-town atmosphere, the Heartland region is a wonderful place to raise a family. The area is also conveniently located within one to two hours of such popular Florida cities as Tampa, Orlando, Fort Myers, Naples and West Palm Beach. Nearby attractions include Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios, LegoLand and Bok Tower Gardens.
- Avon Park Chamber
- Greater Sebring Chamber
- Lake Placid Chamber
- Hardee County Chamber
- Hardee County
- Highlands County
- Advent Health Heartland Division