PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates effectively with courtesy when interacting with internal or external patients and customers - in person, electronically, and over the telephone.
- Exhibits respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships within the practice, the hospital, and other departments.
- Demonstrates AdventHealth's Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork through daily interactions with patients and their families, and with the medical staff.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, and identifying medical and surgical conditions.
- Obtains, updates, and studies patient medical and surgical histories.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans.
- Determines abnormalities by ordering and/or administering appropriate diagnostic tests, such as X-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies.
- Reviews and interprets patient test results.
- Provides pre- and post-operative care and patient education.
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections, suturing, managing drains, dressing changes, wound care, and infection management in both the clinic and hospital settings.
- Performs hospital rounds on surgical consultations, pre- and post-operative hospital patients.
- Performs and/or assists the supervising physician with discharge services including discharge planning, discharge summaries, and coordinating post-discharge follow-up care.
- Serves as surgical first-assist during operating procedures.
Being part of the AdventHealth Medical Group network has its advantages. With locations across Ocala, you’re sure to find the health care services you need, when and where you need them. From primary care providers, to leading specialists in cardiology, gastroenterology, women’s health, general surgery and more, our providers are part of the connected health care system you know you can trust. AdventHealth Medical Group is a coalition of over 2,000 physicians, advanced practice providers, residents, fellows and faculty members. This comprehensive network spans 9 states - offering you an unparalleled continuum of care across the country. Physicians employed with AHMG enjoy a competitive salary, excellent benefits including a retirement plan, a health care plan for the whole family, Paid Leave Days, dedicated CME days and an annual allowance for education and professional association memberships.
With a rich history of medical leadership, AdventHealth Ocala has served the people of Marion county for more than 100 years. Together, we've experienced many "firsts," including creating the TimberRidge ER, an off-site emergency department that's the first of its kind in Florida and becoming the first hospital in the county to offer minimally invasive heart procedures like TAVR, MitraClip™ and the Watchman™ implant. With your trust, AdventHealth Ocala has grown into a nationally recognized 425-bed, full-service community hospital. And today, aside from being the only hospital in the region to deliver babies, we have Marion County's only dedicated children's emergency room, pediatric unit and level II neonatal intensive care unit.
Ocala offers the best of everything. Located in the heart of the Sunshine State, this vibrant city is a gateway to all of Florida’s best features. Sun-kissed beaches, family-oriented theme parks, big-city nightlife—they’re all within an easy hour’s drive. But the best part of all this fun is the return trip. Leave all the traffic and noise behind and come home to a place that gracefully emphasizes more of what life’s all about. Ocala has a thriving local economy, top-rated public schools, and a laid-back lifestyle that makes living the good life easy.