You Will Be Responsible For:
- Incorporates patient, physician, customer needs and concerns into decision-making and organizational action.
- Performs initial and on-going assessments of self-care, psychosocial needs, education, environment and discharge planning, incorporating information from the identified significant other and other health providers.
- Utilizes skills of observation, inspection, palpation, percussion and auscultation using diagnostic instruments or laboratory procedures that are basic to the screening of physical signs and symptoms.
- Utilizes fetal monitoring screening for auscultating, monitoring, and assessment of fetal heart tones.
- Assesses learning needs, readiness, and capabilities of patient/family, including cultural, religious practices, language barriers, emotional barriers, educational level, motivation and limitations.
- Documents patient care findings within established standards and accreditation requirements.
- Manages the medical plan of care prescribed for the client, based on protocols or guidelines adopted jointly by the certified nurse midwife, and attending physician. Review and revise protocols/guidelines annually. Addresses physical, psychosocial, spiritual, developmental, educational, and discharge needs.
- Initiates referrals to external or internal care providers or community agencies as needed.
- Seeks appropriate resources to clarify information concerning the nursing/medical care regime as needed. Coordinates care by collaborating with physicians and others to obtain appropriate services, including multidisciplinary team meetings.
What You Will Need:
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM)
- BLS and ACLS through the American Heart Association
- Active FL license
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) is a professional nurse licensed in Florida to function in an expanded role to provide primary health care to individuals, families or groups. The Certified Nurse Midwife functions in a collegial relationship with physicians and other health professionals in the delivery of primary health care services. They are able to make independent decisions with physicians in carrying out health regimens for families and clients. The Certified Nurse Midwife is directly accountable and responsible to the patient.
- AdventHealth Ocala
- About Ocala, FL
- Ocala/Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership
- City of Ocala
- Marion County