AdventHealth Medical Group is seeking an OBGyn to join an existing practice located in beautiful Ocala, Florida - Horse Capital of the World! The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Active FL license (or ability to secure unrestricted FL medical license)
- Board Certification (or Board Eligibility) in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Proficiency in robotic surgery (preferred, but not required)
- Desire to work collaboratively with clinical staff and be an active participant in educational opportunities, steering committees and the medical staff
Averaging 2,400 deliveries per year, our state-of-the-art Labor & Delivery unit includes:
- 2 dedicated OR suites
- 8 labor rooms (plus room for growth)
- 24/7 in house dedicated anesthesia coverage
- Dedicated surgical techs & OB nursing staff
- An Obstetrical Emergency Department
- 12 bed Level II NICU
- OB Hospitalist coverage
With a rich history of medical leadership, AdventHealth Ocala has served the people of Marion county for more than 100 years. Together, we’ve experienced many “firsts,” including creating the TimberRidge ER, an off-site emergency department that’s the first of its kind in Florida and becoming the first hospital in in the county to offer minimally invasive heart procedures like TAVR, MitraClip™ and the Watchman™ implant. With your trust, AdventHealth Ocala has grown into a nationally recognized 425-bed, full-service community hospital. And today, aside from being the only hospital in the region to deliver babies, we have Marion County’s only dedicated children’s emergency room, pediatric unit and level II neonatal intensive care unit.
With nearly perfect weather year-round, Ocala offers endless natural beauty, gently rolling hills, crystal clear springs and a lifestyle of exceptional quality. The city’s historic downtown is filled with charming shops and restaurants, and the area is surrounded by state parks and natural springs. Ocala is also conveniently located, with beautiful gulf coast beaches and theme parks and entertainment in Orlando being just a short drive away.
Every year thousands of new residents call Marion County home, keeping it among the fastest growing areas in the nation. The county's welcoming atmosphere makes transitions easy.
- AdventHealth Ocala
- About Ocala, FL
- Ocala/Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership
- City of Ocala
- Marion County