AdventHealth Medical Group is seeking a Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) to join a growing Neurosurgery program at AdventHealth Ocala. The role involves full-scope neurosurgical (brain and spine) management of patients at AdventHealth Ocala and will include hospital rounding, surgical first assist in the OR, inpatient consults, hospital follow-ups in the office and assisting with practice call.
The PA-C, under the supervision of the Physician(s), who acts as the collaborative practitioner(s), is responsible for:
• Performing histories and physical exams on orthopedic patients in both the office and hospital
• Handling daily patient rounds, patient education and discharge summaries
• Ramp up independent patient management and fracture care with follow up visits
• First assisting in the Operating Room
• Practice/ED call coverage
• Ordering and interpreting appropriate diagnostic tests, such as laboratory, X-ray, MRI, etc.
• Assisting patient and family with pre- and post-procedural education
• Monitoring the patient’s course of treatment and places orders for referral to the appropriate specialist
• Collaborating with physician and staff to provide consistent care to the patients
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public; Strong communication skills
• Ability to work flexible schedule including call rotation, nights, weekends
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced clinic with highly acute patients
• Experience in the OR
• Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies
• Experience as a PA-C in Orthopedic (highly preferred)
With a rich history of medical leadership, AdventHealth Ocala has served the people of Marion county for more than 100 years. Together, we've experienced many "firsts," including creating the TimberRidge ER, an off-site emergency department that's the first of its kind in Florida and becoming the first hospital in the county to offer minimally invasive heart procedures like TAVR, MitraClip™ and the Watchman™ implant. With your trust, AdventHealth Ocala has grown into a nationally recognized 425-bed, full-service community hospital. And today, aside from being the only hospital in the region to deliver babies, we have Marion County's only dedicated children's emergency room, pediatric unit and level II neonatal intensive care unit.
With nearly perfect weather year-round, Ocala offers endless natural beauty, gently rolling hills, crystal clear springs and a lifestyle of exceptional quality. The city's historic downtown is filled with charming shops and restaurants, and the area is surrounded by state parks and natural springs. Ocala is also conveniently located, with beautiful gulf coast beaches and theme parks and entertainment in Orlando being just a short drive away.
Every year thousands of new residents call Marion County home, keeping it among the fastest growing areas in the nation. The county's welcoming atmosphere makes transitions easy.
- AdventHealth Ocala
- About Ocala, FL
- Ocala/Marion County Chamber & Economic Partnership
- City of Ocala
- Marion County