Location: Zephyrhills, FL - Specialty: Nurse Practitioner, Urology
The PA or APRN under the supervision of the Physician, who acts as the collaborative practitioner, is responsible for:
• Performs physical examinations of patients; evaluation and treatment of acute and chronic urologic conditions also including urologic oncology within the hospital setting
• Procedures to include catheter replacement/removal, injections, ultrasounds, prostate biopsies • Orders and interprets appropriate diagnostic tests, such as routine laboratory, X-ray, etc.
• Monitors the patient’s course of treatment and makes appropriate referral to either a physician or specialist, as needed
• Collaborates with physician and staff as necessary to provide consistent care to patients and support to staff
• Displays a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, patients, and the public.
• Strong communication skills